We need a license before driving a car, practicing real estate or getting married. As technology pundit David Pogue noticed, there is no official certification required to navigate a computer. So most people don’t know what they don’t know about navigating a keyboard.
This is the second in a 2 part series unveiling top time-saving tips for working smarter in cyberspace.
- Have you ever given a slide presentation and caught the audience gazing at your slides instead of looking at you? In PowerPoint strike the “B” key to momentarily black-out the slide. Click “B” again to restore the view of the slide. To white-out the slide, click “W”. Hit “W” a second time to restore it.
- Need flight status. Google is an FAA database. Go to Google type the name of the airline and the flight number to get: aircraft location, terminal, gate, and estimated landing time.
- Want to know how long it would take to fly from point A to point B? In the Google search bar type “flight time from city X to city Y”. The resulting list will even throw in a quick overview of the range of prices.
- Taking a trip and need a currency conversion? In Google search bar type “convert” then enter the currency type and amount. Example: “Convert 5000 dollars to British pounds.”
- To highlight a word don’t drag the cursor across it, just double click the word. Drag the cursor to highlight additional words in a continuous stream.
- Triple click to highlight an entire paragraph. This also works in Word docs.
- Don’t delete highlighted unwanted content, to save time just type over it or paste over it.
- Shutter lag is common occurrence in cameras that cost less than $1000.00. To photograph an object in mid-motion, pre-focus on the object before it is in motion by holding the shutter button half-way down. When the object moves, press the shutter the rest of the way down to capture the action. This addresses the delay most cameras experience between the time you press the shutter button and the time the camera actually records the image.
To see a video demo of most of these tips check out the 5 minute video. The presenter keeps it fun. Feel free to share some of your favorite keyboard time-savers as well.
For information on effective ways to manage institutional and individual real estate portfolios nationwide, or to shop for real estate visit First Preston HT. Remember to Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Source: TED Talks as published by Inc. Christina Desmarais.